Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sania Mirza planing to leave India?

I don't think I am at that stage in my head where I would leave the country. It has given me whatever I have. But I might perhaps get another base, though I want India as my solid base as it has given me a lot,' Sania was quoted by 'The Gulf Times' as saying after her disappointing outing at the Qatar Total Open Tuesday.
sania, who dropped three places to 32nd spot in the world rankings, has been hounded by series off-court controversies, ranging from showing disrespect to the Tricolour to her recent pul out from the WTA Bangalore Open.
After the controversy surrounding the resting of her bare feet near the national flag during the Hopman Cup in Perth, she was again in news for wrong reasons when she announced that on her manager's advise she has decided to skip the next month's WTA Bangalore Open to evade off-court issues.
Sania also said it has now become imperative for her to learn how to deal with controversies, as she feels there would be no end to such issues.
'I don't know whether there can be any control over it (controversies). It doesn't matter what I think. 'I don't know if it would end; if it's going to go on, I have to deal with it. If it ends early, its good,' she said.
Courtesy:http://www.andhracafe.com/

No comments: